Tuesday 5 June 2012

ELEVEN/ mccqueen skull scarf

I'm currently suffering from the worst case of writers block I've had in years, so please bear with me. In this post I'm wearing mostly clothing from mall stores; a bit of Old Navy here, Addition Elle there and Tom shoes. It all seems very bland and generic, even the pictures are void of any colour. I think all of these boring elements help draw attention to what really matters in this post - my Alexander McQueen skull scarf.
-
With my skull scarf being just about one of the only designer items I own, I'm very afraid to wear it around. If you've ever felt one, you'd know that it feels like nothing - it's so light and airy. It's so delicate. I have been lusting over them for years now and now that I finally own one I'm not letting anything happen to it. It's like my child, seriously. I can't afford to replace it anyway. If you know me in real life or follow me on Tumblr, you'd know just how much I love skulls. If it has a skull on it, I need to have it. I also adore Alexander McQueen. I live for his gothic style, hauntingly beautiful pieces, and his runways were like nothing I've ever seen before. It just makes sense that I needed this scarf in my life. The scarves became sort of an obsession with me. I told my mother about it, and I would talk to her about them every single day.
-
When opening presents on Christmas of 2011 she wrapped a fake skull patterned scarf in a box for me as a joke. I looked at it, laughed and put it on the ground on top of the box and then I noticed something else in the box. My heart nearly stopped as I reached over to investigate and I, no word of a lie, almost passed out. There it was: my very own Alexander McQueen skull scarf. It was one of the biggest/best surprises of my entire life.
-
 I'll be the first to admit, I'm very spoiled. But I'm also very thankful. 

JACKET/ Old Navy SCARF/ Alexander McQueen JEANS/ Old Navy
SHIRT/ Addition Elle SHOES/ Toms
-




All pictures were taken by Jessie Larabie, Michael Tundo and Laura and Lisa Kidd.

No comments:

Post a Comment