Sunday 5 November 2017

SPOTLIGHT: BELLWETHERS VINTAGE

The Ottawa Vintage Clothing Show is right around the corner and today I'm going to be talking about one of their vendors - Bellwethers Vintage.

Bellwethers has been around for a while now but they opened up a physical location down on Florence Street (near Bank Street) back in May. The owner, Madison, is passionate about all things vintage and you can tell from the second you enter the store. Walking into the shop is like walking directly into the past - everything from the decor to the items for sale are perfectly curated and truly retro. The thought and the detail that went into merchandising this store is phenomenal - my favourite part is the raised black and white check tile platform in the middle of the room. My eyes were instantly drawn there and it is home to the most amazing vintage couch and coffee table. The atmosphere of the store makes you feel right at home and I absolutely love that about Bellwethers. 

I highly recommend checking out Bellwethers Vintage if you're a fashion lover. The pieces that Madison curates are spectacular and she sources pieces with the most beautiful colours and luxurious textures. She has a large collection of women's and menswear, shoes and accessories. My favourite piece that she has in stock is a gorgeous red wool coat with a leopard print collar; it would have came home with me in a heartbeat if it were my size. I swear it's going to haunt my dreams.

Bellwethers Vintage will be at the Ottawa Vintage Clothing Show this coming Sunday, November 12th at the Carleton University Fieldhouse. You can also find them on Facebook and Instagram.

---------------------------------------------

CONTEST: head over to my Instagram to enter to win a pair of tickets to the upcoming Ottawa Vintage Clothing Show! Find the Bellwethers picture and tag a friend that you'd like to take with you. Contest ends Thursday, November 9, at 6:00PM EST.  Winner will be selected using a random number generator. 

No comments:

Post a Comment