Saturday 7 April 2012

FOUR/ talin design

Remember when I said one of my goals was to expose the Ottawa fashion scene a little bit more? Well, I'd like to introduce you to Talin of Talin Design. She is a local jewelry maker who specializes in making one of kind pieces. She has sold her designs in many different craft shows throughout the city, including an annual craft show in one of Ottawa's trendiest neighbourhood, the Glebe, as well as Ottawa Fashion Week. I've known her for just over four years now and I have to admit — her creativity never ceases to amaze and inspire me.

Although she lives in Ottawa now, her journey did not begin here. Talin was born in Toronto and raised in Cairo, Egypt. In 2005 she completed her bachelors degree in Graphic Design with a minor in Photography but she knew that her true passion would always be designing jewelry. Since the completion of her bachelors she has also gained certificates from; Instituto Di Burgo in Italy, Algonquin College in Ottawa and Gem Vision Matrix in Toronto. Talin also has a degree as a diamond grader from the Gemology Institute of America (GIA).   

All of the pieces are handmade by Talin herself and are never duplicated. She uses semi-precious gem stones, fresh water pearls, sterling silver, glass and Swarvoski crystals to create her wearable art.

"All of my jewelry is handmade and most of my designs are limited not duplicated. Each piece maintains its own individuality and I hope that my art will inspire women to feel chic, and evoke her to have her own sense of style and personality." - Talin Hagopian Waugh

As of right now her pieces are only available for purchase online through her Etsy store. For more information, please click the links provided. 


Talin and I at Ottawa Fashion Week (Sept 28th - Oct 2nd 2011)





All of the jewelry pictures were taken by Talin Hagopian Waugh.
Ottawa Fashion Week promo card courtesy of Metro Ottawa.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you Rosie got this great interview and support to Ottawa fashion. Love your blogs and your style :)

    best wishes,
    Talin Design

    ReplyDelete