Saturday 7 April 2012

FIVE/ introducing my docs

Yesterday I spent the morning running around the ByWard Market with Talin. It was really neat to experience the shops, crowds, vendors and everything in the daylight. For those of you that don't know, the ByWard Market is a place in Ottawa with a ton of street vendors selling everything from maple syrup to clothing, and it is filled with cute shops and restaurants as well. It also has a ton of bars and clubs so it really does come alive in the nighttime as well. 

Seeing as I was born and raised here, I never really take the time to look around there. I know which stores I need to go to (or which bar), I get what I need and I get out. It's really a shame because it's such a beautiful area. I truly felt like a tourist yesterday walking around with my camera and experiencing some cute shops and cafes for the very first time.

Okay, now on to my outfit! I have been lusting over Dr. Martens for YEARS now. I'm really not sure why I didn't go to the store and just buy them... I've always just waited. One of my best friends owns a pair and I used to borrow them every chance I got because they're just the most comfortable boot imaginable. Well I finally got them. For fifteen dollars, none the less. One of my friends was shopping at Value Village when he spotted them in my size. When he told me I just about had a heart attack. He snatched them up for me and I could not be happier. I finally have a pair of docs to call my own. Don't I have the greatest friends?

This shirt is probably one of my favourites too. I ordered it online from F21+ and it fits like a dream. The rust colour is just so perfect and I love the rhinestones. I've worn it countless amounts of times now and it is still in perfect shape, which is kind of weird for F21 - especially with a material so sheer and delicate like this one. I love the way it dips in the back too because I wear a lot of leggings and I don't have to worry about my bum showing. 

SHIRT/ F21 SKIRT/ Thrifted BAG/ Winners (not sure which brand) ACCESSORIES/ Talin Design BOOTS/ Dr. Martens (thrifted) COAT/ Old Navy SCARF/ American Apparel

 





All photos were taken by Talin Hagopian Waugh of Talin Design.

2 comments:

  1. Well gone with the DMs. I remember getting my black one, I wanted them for about 10 years but it was always something I couldn't afford until I was a 'grown up', so my dad getting then for me for Xmas was AMAZING! And finding the 2nd pair in a charity shop was the icing on the cake.
    Love your look
    X
    www.be-a-goddess.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Doc Martens, but of course the real trick is finding some that don't cost a fortune. I was lucky enough to get a secondhand pair from my mother, only problem is she's a size bigger than me, so i need to wear a few pairs of socks to keep from getting blisters :(
    Btw, I love that mustard yellow coat! The little flower is a cute touch

    ReplyDelete