Saturday 24 November 2012

STYLE ICON SATURDAY/ four

Here's a random fact about me:
I love menswear.


To me, there is nothing in this world like a well dressed man. After I'm done looking the women's section of a website, I immediately go to the men's. I could spend hours on sites like ssense.com or Topman. I don't know what it is exactly about men's fashions that I love, but I'm always drawn to it. I love anything from suits, to rocker, to borderline homeless looks in menswear. I've never been comfortable wearing completely feminine looks so I find myself incorporating more masculine looks into my outfits, simply to bring it down to earth a couple of notches. Right now I love Dr. Martens, brogues and boyfriend fit blazers. I knew I had to do a post on man whose fashion really stood out to me, and although it seems like an odd choice, I knew in my heart who I had to write about.

Russell Brand


I believe that Russell Brand is a great example of a collaboration of different styles. This man is never completely polished and he is known to wear anything from suits and top hats to tight leather pants and teased hair. He always looks like a greasy rocker but he does it in the most versatile way possible. I fell in love with him after seeing Get Him To The Greek. Honestly, I've seen that movie at least twenty-five times... I'm not even exaggerating. I even own the soundtrack. In the movie he wears such amazing ensembles including, but not limited to, various Alexander McQueen scarfs, an emerald green velvet suit and a blazer with just a bare chest underneath. And who could forget him buying and wearing Abe Lincoln's suit and top hat in Arthur?

source: india server source: zimbio source: daily mail source: posh24 

Russell Brand is one of my style icons because he isn't afraid to be himself. I'm sure he gets a lot of negative feed back on his personal style but it doesn't hold him back. He will never stop wearing tight pants, his hair will never be short and his chest will almost always be showing.  As you can probably tell by now, I really admire those who are fearless in their fashions and I think that Russell Brand is a great male example of that.

“It's difficult to believe in yourself because the idea of self is an artificial construction. You are, in fact, part of the glorious oneness of the universe. Everything beautiful in the world is within you. No one really feels self-confident deep down because it's an artificial idea. Really, people aren't that worried about what you're doing or what you're saying, so you can drift around the world relatively anonymously: you must not feel persecuted and examined. Liberate yourself from that idea that people are watching you.” - Russell Brand

source: upscalehype source: fashionindie source: coolspotters


None of these photos belong to me, all photos have been referenced back to the original sources.

2 comments:

  1. I love his style. Good choice! And I can see how he influences you too. That quote is so inspiring :) Oh Russell.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do exactly the same thing, always check the men's section. I've found a few gems over time and most of the time the sizes go small enough to fit me anyway! Cheaper too sometimes!

    http://arrceebee.blogspot.com.au/2012/11/giveaway-australian-beauty-box.html

    ReplyDelete