Saturday 10 November 2012

STYLE ICON SATURDAY/ two

Ladies and gentlemen, 

BETH DITTO
Mary Beth Patterson

If you're not familiar with who she is, let's first look at her accomplishments. She is an extremely talented singer (lead singer of The Gossip and does solo work). She has collaborated with UK plus sized clothing store, Evans, and released her own clothing line through them. She also worked with MAC, releasing a makeup line with them this past summer. She is a spokesperson for LGBT and feminist groups and has walked the runway for Jean Paul Gaultier, opening his Spring 2011 show during Paris Fashion week. All of that is remarkable, and I haven't even touched on her personal style yet.

source: Jezebel

In my mind, this woman isn't afraid of anything. She is willing to take any fashion risk possible and she makes it work. I believe her to be the perfect role model for plus sized women everywhere. She works with what she has and she never lets her weight hold her back. I mean, why would she? She's perfect the way she is. She's a fantastic role model for fat acceptance and she has accomplished so much in her life - I can't wait to see what she does next.

She inspires me daily and I wish to someday have even half the level of confidence and bravery she has. 


Her fashions are only apart of her look. Her hair is ever changing and her makeup is always outrageous. I'm not 100% sure who her makeup artist is, or if she does it herself, but it is always flawless. She has the ability to drastically change her look with her makeup and it wasn't a surprise to me when MAC Cosmetics first announced their collaboration. Her makeup is one of the many things I envy about her. Her confidence, of course, being the number one trait of hers I wish I had, though her makeup skills aren't too far behind.

source: wallpapers

I will end this with the photo below. It is a picture of Beth with Kate Moss and Karl Lagerfeld. Both Kate and Karl have been caught "fat shaming" in the past (with Kate Moss' famous quote and Karl Lagerfeld's comment on Adele's weight) so it's refreshing to see the both of them respecting her in the world of fashion.


I don't want the world, I only want what I deserve. 
(Yr Mangled Heart by Gossip)

None of these photos belong to me, all photos have been referenced back to the original sources.

2 comments:

  1. I love Beth ditto! She can do no wrong In my opinion

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can definitely tell you're inspired by her style! Kudos for putting a spotlight on this brilliant woman.

    ReplyDelete