Thursday 20 April 2017

MY TOP 5 FAVOURITE PAIRS OF SHOES

If you know me in real life (or follow me on Instagram) you'd know that my love for footwear runs deep. I discovered my love for shoes at a young age because my shoe size is common and I realized that while it's rare for a clothing store to stock my size, shoe stores would never let me down.

Today I'm going to be talking about my top five absolute favourite pairs of shoes in my collection and spoiler alert: they're mostly sneakers. Casual and classic kicks hold a special place in my heart.

The shoes pictured are all from my collection and they've all been worn to hell and back. The soles on some of them are completely worn and need to either be replaced or resoled. Most of them are down right dirty and need to be cleaned. This is photographic evidence that I do not baby my shoes. I expect A LOT from my day to day footwear and the second a pair of shoes starts to hurt my feet is the second that I either give them away or consign them. These five pairs are always in my outfit rotation and they're the shoes that I trust above any others.

I hope you all enjoy this list and please let me know what some of your favourites are. I'm always in the market for a new pair!!


Adidas Superstar

I think it's only right to start off this list with my most worn pair of shoes. That would without a doubt be my Adidas Superstars. I mean, just look how beaten up and dirty they are!

I have a love/hate relationship with these shoes. They're so easy to throw on and to style but they've really stretched out over time. They've stretched out to the point where they're about a full size too big for me now. They also offer very little in terms of arch support so wearing them for a long period of time isn't ideal. With all that being said, I still really love these shoes. They're timeless and they're the perfect go-to sneaker in my opinion. There's definitely a reason why you see basically every second person wearing a version of these. I opted for the black because white shoes stress me out (I can't stand when they get dirty) and I bought them from the kid's department because, even though they're the exact same shoe, they're a lot cheaper than the ones in the women's department.


Converse

I have five pairs of Converse in my collection at the moment. I have high tops, plain low tops (x2), glittery ones and ones with a double sole. I honestly wouldn't be able to tell you how many pairs of these that I've had in my lifetime. I was that kid in high school that owned a pair of Converse in every colour and I'd wear them year round - throughout the summer and even the brutal Canadian winter. I truly believe that they'll always be a staple in my life. The Chuck Taylor high tops offer great ankle support and the All Stars are great to easily put on and take off. Converse, although I don't wear them as much as I used to, will forever be my favourite shoe brand and my heart skips a beat whenever I see a unique pair.


Vans Sk8-Hi
Vans are also a throwback to my high school days. I used to love the slip on versions but I've since upgraded to the high tops. I have mine in leather and they are amazing. They offer fantastic ankle support and even though they're rather flat, they're incredibly comfortable. I do, however, recommend going a half size up on these bad boys; every time I've bought my true size I found them extremely uncomfortable and they left my feet bloody and sore. I have a handful of friends that work in retail (and that have to stand for long periods of time) and they all tend to recommend Vans. These shoes are EVERYWHERE you look now and I'm so happy that they are. I always feel like such a rockstar when I wear them and they look killer paired with a dress and fishnet tights.


Adidas Tubular
These are the only pair that I have listed that aren't a classic but they are by far the most comfortable shoes in my collection. I'd buy them in every colour if they weren't so expensive. The stretchy top fabric feels like a sock and I love how the sole kind of comes out on the side. They're super cushiony, lightweight and they're perfect for days where you're going to be doing a lot of walking. I decided to pick them up in the all red colourway to add a bit colour into my shoe collection and I'm so happy that I did. I absolutely adore them.


Dr. Martens
And now for the only pair listed that aren't a sneaker! I always feel the most like myself when I'm wearing my Docs. There's something about them that's so understated yet powerful. I always always always buy them secondhand because 1) they're a lot cheaper and 2) they're such a pain to break in so it helps if someone else does that for you. I've owned Docs in different colourways and different styles (from shoes, to fabric) but I always come back to the black leather boots. The ones that I have right now are made of a softer 'Pascal' leather so they aren't nearly as stiff as the classic 8-eyes.

1 comment: