Wednesday 7 June 2017

161/ BREAK THE RULES

I've been told time and time again that fat bodies shouldn't wear baggy clothes but here I am loving life, looking great and not having a single care. I love to play around with different shapes, patterns and silhouettes.

Fashion and personal style, to me anyways, is about what makes me happy and never about what people expect of me. The second that I started dressing for me, and not for anyone else, was the second that I really started loving what I was wearing. My confidence levels soar when I'm wearing an outfit that I love and that confidence continues into other aspects off my life.

xxxxxxxxxxxxx

I wore this look to my friend Michael's birthday a couple of weeks ago. I wasn't feeling my best so I was looking to wear something a bit dramatic to hopefully distract people from how dead I looked and felt. This is what I came up with and I'm super happy with it. 

I love how big and boxy these pants are. They're nothing like the typical skin tight black skinny jeans that I'm used to wearing. The length, much like me, is awkward as hell. That's okay, though, because I love when I'm able to show off a bit of ankle.

The pointed toe Chelsea boots that I've paired with this look are a thrift store find and I wear them almost every chance I get - they're about as high as I can go in a heel and I've learned to accept that.

Ok but this top. THIS TOP!! This top makes me look bigger than I am and that's something that I absolutely love about it. It definitely isn't a flattering piece, but if you know me, you know that's something I have never cared about. Gingham is one of my true loves and the dramatic peplum is something that my wardrobe was lacking. This is definitely a piece that I can just throw on and look put together. It's the perfect statement and I can't remember the last time that I was this in love with a something in my wardrobe.

The burgundy moto jacket and my studded Alexander Wang bag are the two pieces that tie everything together and give this ensemble my signature edge.

JACKET/ Love & Legend (similarTOP/ Victoria Beckham x Target
PANTS/ H&M+ (similarBOOTS/ Old Navy (thrifted - similar)

Photos by Laura Kidd

1 comment:

  1. Good post! the dress this model is wearing is so beautiful and the way she is carrying this dress out is awesome too. I love these sort of prints keep sharing such things with us.

    ReplyDelete