Wednesday 5 July 2017

164/ ON REPEAT

I've talked about outfit repeating several times on this blog - it's something that I do often and it's something that I've never been ashamed about. I never understood why ~fashion~ people look down upon it. If I own pieces that I love, I'm going to wear them. A lot.


This look is tweaked version of what I wore in a recent post. It's something that I feel both comfortable and confident in so I decided to wear it again. And again... And again... And again.

I sometimes swap out statement or outerwear pieces so that the looks aren't exactly the same. Like in this look vs what I wore in my post about anxiety - the basics are the same (I'm wearing the exact same top and skirt) but I switched the faux leather jacket for a floral duster and I swapped out the accessories. Making simple adjustments to an outfit that you already adore is a great way to breathe more life into it. It's also a great way to make use out of things that you already own.

This fringed floral duster from the Melissa McCarthy x Seven7 line is everything I want in a piece of clothing and more. I love how it adds character to plain and boring outfits. It's so bold and eccentric that it goes with everything, it even looks fabulous with pieces that it clashes with. I consider this look a bit more fun and it's definitely more suitable for the day time compared to the leather jacket look. I've been dying to wear this duster and I finally found the perfect day to do so. I bought it at the end of the season on super sale last year and it's just been sitting in my closet taunting me since. The weather here has been rainy and gloomy until recently so I couldn't justify breaking this bad boy out. Expect to see it a lot now that summer weather is officially here. 

DUSTER/ Melissa McCarthy x Seven7 via Penningtons TOP/ Forever 21+
SKIRT/ Penningtons (similar
BELT/ Addition Elle (similarSHOES/ Vans
HANDBAG/ H&M (similarLIPSTICK/ Fuchsia by Joe Fresh
SUNGLASSES/ eyebuydirect
Photos by Laura Kidd

1 comment:

  1. There is no problem in repeating the same outfits over the time, what matters is coming up with 2,3 new outfits in a month. Otherwise your all outfits are beautiful and gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete