Wednesday 28 December 2016

155/ NEW YEAR NEW ME?

New Years Eve, to me, has always been an excuse to dress as glamorous as humanly possible and indulge in champagne. That's it, that's all. I never really understood the whole 'new year new me' way of thinking but after the hellish year that was 2016, I'm willing to give it a shot.

I'm determined to go into the new year with a better attitude. I'm trying to find more positives in the world and I'm hanging onto them for dear life.

I'm trying to focus on the beauty in the world. I'm determined to surround myself with beautiful art, beautiful souls and beautiful scenery. I'm hoping to get back into photography, it was my passion when I was younger and it allowed me to find beauty in everything.

I changed my hair for the new year. It's not uncommon for people to change their hair after a traumatic/big event and I decided to give into that. 2016 was not a good year for me by any stretch of the imagination and I'm ready for change. My hair is purple (for now) and I'm absolutely loving it. It has given me a much needed boost of confidence and it is definitely helping my creative side come back to life.

It's no secret that fashion is a huge part of my life and this year I'm hoping to take more fashion risks. I typically stick to a strict uniform of all black paired with loud accessories. I do love that look but I'm hoping to shake it up a bit in the new year. Think bold colours, different textures and unconventional silhouettes. I'm saying this on a post where I'm pictured wearing head to toe black, but I'm hoping that these #ootd posts will be few and far between in 2017.

I'm going to try to connect with more people this year too - be it other bloggers, new friends, old friends, complete strangers or whoever. This post is actually in collaboration with a fantastic blogger, Amber from Fatshion by the Pounds. I see her on Instragram daily and I read her blog whenever she posts because her personal style is so inspiring to me. I think it is incredibly important to connect with and talk to people with similar passions so I'm hoping to make more connections/friendships in this coming year. Living with social anxiety makes this especially hard but I'm finding ways to live with it. Self care is important in that respect, but that's a different post for a different time.

Overall I'm reaching for the stars in 2017. I'm going into the new year with my (purple) head held high. I strongly believe that everything that I've personally dealt with within the past 365 days has prepared me for a new tomorrow and I'm excited for new adventures, new attitudes and new ambitions.


TOP&PANTS/ Melissa McCarthy x Seven7 NECKLACE/ Forever 21 
HANDBAG/ H&M SHOES/ Cute To The Core
Photos by Lisa and Laura Kidd
Hair by Nessa

8 comments:

  1. Yes!!! I love this post. It's refreshing and positive and exactly the sort of thing I needed to read right now. Here's to an awesome 2017, beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much love! We really need to grab brunch soon!! I hope your 2017 is filled with happiness.

      Delete
  2. This hair (cut and colour) is do ace. The bob is layered and lush. I hope 2017 is everything you wish it to be.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looove the purple! I wish I could be brave enough to do something like this. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope 2017 is a great year for you. I am LOVING your hair. I love changing my hair colour but i'm itching to do a different style of cut.

    ReplyDelete