Thursday 8 December 2016

154/ HOW I STYLE A PLEATED SKIRT

Pleated skirts have the ability to elevate an ensemble. They effortlessly mix textures, materials and designs. I love how they add a bit of luxe to a look as well. For this outfit I paired my skirt with a classic striped top, my new favourite burgundy moto jacket, a pair of chelsea boots and a beaded handbag for some added personality.

I'm not really one to follow trends but this is one that I can really get behind. I have a shorter one (pictured below) and a midi length one in my collection and I'm really hoping to expand. I love how you can dress this trend up with a glitzy top or dress it down with a band tee. I love how versatile this trend is and I'm always on the hunt for more. I could honestly live in this kind of skirt - it's comfortable while still looking chic. If that's not perfection, I don't know what is.

Although there are a few pleated skirts on ASOS that I'm lusting over, you really don't have to spend a lot of money to play with this trend. I found my longer one (that I've blogger about here and here) at a thrift store years ago, and I'm constantly finding pieces in similar materials and cuts almost every time I thrift. The market is currently saturated with these skirts and I'm 100% here for it. A lot of fast fashion / high street brands are fully stocked with a wide range of colours and textures too. It's always fun to me to see how different people or different retailer style pieces, so I'm watching this trend like a hawk to get more and more inspiration.

This is one trend that I don't see fading any time soon, and even if it does I'll still rock the hell out of it. I really just love it that much.

JACKET/ Love & Legends TOP/ Forever 21+ SKIRT/ Michel Studio 
BOOTS/ Old Navy (thrifted) HANDBAG/ H&M HAIR CLIPS/ Dollarama
Photos by Derek Waugh


No comments:

Post a Comment