Tuesday 26 September 2017

166/ ROCK'N'ROLL BARBIE

These pictures were taken on one of my last weekends in Ottawa. I decided to switch up my hair before my big move and I could not be happier with the results! Having short hair really cuts down the amount of time I need in the morning to get ready and it was a great way to refresh my style.

I wore this look to debut my new hair and to celebrate my sister-in-law's birthday. We went for Greek food with a bunch of her friends and then to Greekfest after for some dancing. It was such a fun time!!

I've worn this tutu a handful of times (and I've blogged about it here) and I just adore it. The skirt paired with my cropped faux leather jacket is match made in heaven; it makes me feel very rock'n'roll Barbie and that's honestly something that I strive for on a daily basis. It's cartoonish without being too childish and rocker while still being femme / without being too aggressive. I feel more like myself in this outfit than in anything else and I think you can really tell by the expression on my face in the pictures below. I feel comfortable, relaxed and myself - and that's truly the best look of all.

JACKET/ Michel Studio (similarTANK/ Forever 21+ SKIRT/ Freckles SHOES/ Betsey Johnson
HANDBAG/ Alexander Wang 'Mini Rockie' BAG CHARM/ Forever 21(similar)
Photos by Laura Kidd

2 comments:

  1. I hope the move has been treating you well! I love everything about this look, especially how something that seems inherently punk (leather and tulle) still has that feminine edge. As you know, I'm very into your haircut too! More you shoes don't exist.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These looks are usually not for feminist but it has changed my mind after going through your beautiful appearance in this. Great choice and post!

    ReplyDelete